Sunday, March 1, 2009

Running on Empty

Okay, another weekend of doing too much and not getting even half of the things I wanted to done. I did:
-Drive up to Sterling and pick up Shaggy the ball python (a 4+ hour drive, total, for a goddamn snake)
-Got Shaggy all set up and also re-did Spot's tank because I felt bad he was getting less attention
-Cleaned the other two tanks in the house, and boy did they need it!
-Won all 4 games during bowling league! Yay!

What I didn't do:
-any of my cell reading, at which I am already 3 weeks behind
-any cancer bio review
-my lab report for chemistry
-my cell lab presentation for our independent projects
-the mandatory tractor training at the rescue
-ride Kahlua, again at the rescue and who I said I would ride at least 2x/wk and haven't ridden yet
-get Shaggy to her actual new home in Boulder and all set up there
-write something for writing group
-sleep at least 8 hours or nap to make it 8 hours of sleep per day

Today, we're getting ready to go to a financial workshop in South Denver. My parent's financial adviser had offered to give us a free 20 minute phone consultation as a favor to them even though he doesn't take on clients with less than $500,000 to invest (HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, yeah, right!). I guess he started thinking about all his clients with children in their 20s inspired him to hold a free workshop to get us started in smart investing. So, it'll be a great opportunity to learn about our investment options for when we do have money to invest in things and I feel a bit obligated to go since he set it up to avoid doing multiple phone consultations!

It just means I won't get anything else done today, either.

Crap.

No comments: