Tuesday, September 16, 2008

September

I felt like such a tourist, stopping to take a picture of these twin fawns! Not only do I see deer daily, but this summer my parents have had two sets of twins and their moms walking through their yard every afternoon! We don't see as many deer in our yard, but twice a year the elk migrate through and eat EVERYTHING, even the juniper bushes!!! We've also had a bunch of coyote sightings in our neighborhood this month, and one missing cat...
Anyhow, my sister wanted pictures of 'American wildlife' to show her friends in Oz, so I obliged!
Taking pictures while driving is probably a bad idea...

We live at the base of that mesa on the left, a ways off that side of the picture. This is one of the worst windy parts of the road; two springs ago I came to this hill crest and slammed on the breaks to avoid a blown-over semi-truck. I've also see tipped trailers and tipped UHauls on this mile stretch.
An abandoned mine along the highway

Green Mountain and The Flatiorns, from Cherryvale Rd.

A handful of the cottonwoods have turned! Feels early.

All of these pictures were taken from my car; only the top one was taken when I wasn't actively driving. Oops. I like to turn my camera on, and occasionally hold it out to the side and click it without looking. Surprisingly, I get more decent pictures than blurred shots of my passenger door!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I love Colorado so much! Let's build a time machine and go back to 1850 and pioneer out to Colorado. I promise to ford the rivers correctly and will try my darndest not to lose any oxen!