Sunday, December 6, 2009

How come all injuries are stupid?

Yesterday I had a nice lesson, my right leg swung a bit more than I'd like in the sitting trot but as I was thinking that my trainer commented on how still my legs always are :-) This horse has MASSIVE gaits, too, and I'm still figuring out how to effectively ride them.

Anyhow, he can really extend those legs of his and it sometimes fools me into thinking he's bigger than he actually is. We did some stretchy-chewy figure eights with a cooling sheet on at the end, leaving me to dismount a la side-saddle so I don't take the blanket with me. The combination led me to jump down with a little less grace than usual, thinking I had a ways to fall and could correct myself before I landed.

Of course, I landed funny when I hit the ground a few inches sooner than I thought, and tweaked my ankle something awful! Mike wants to take me to the doctor, I don't want to go because I'm pretty sure they'll just tell me to take some tylenol and keep my weight off it.

1 comment:

Daniel Burk said...

If you're on his insurance, why not go to a doctor? It really can't hurt anything.