Wednesday, November 11, 2009

We finally closed on the condo today, so yay!!! Mike is a home owner!! Even better, we have enough money left to pay for the cat to have his surgery! I think Mike's a bit depressed about how quickly our money disappears and how "little" we have to show for it... but he'll be happier when he files taxes and sees how many deductions and returns he's getting.

Today, I was finished with my workout and chatting with my trainer when I started to feel not so great. I sat down, felt worse, got up, spent 5 minutes puking, then felt okay and drove home. It was extremely strange, especially since it was at the end of my work out and the exercise hadn't made me nauseous or anything and since I rarely vomit. I'm going to blame it on the fact that I hadn't eaten anything in five hours and try not to think about other implications. If it wasn't a blood sugar crash, it was probably the flu: Mike has a flu thing and my parents both had swine flu last week. My mom is on the high-risk list for swine flu so she went to get her vaccine and the doctor tested and saw she'd already had it, so we know for sure that we were all exposed. I was hoping I already had it- I was laid up for ten days earlier this semester with an awful bug- but the morning sickness allusions (my trainer has a ten week old baby boy and the cat breeder is currently preggers) are scarier than the thought of swine flu!

Other than that... my clones keep dying :-( and with midterms I haven't had a chance to start again, and I miss the lab! I keep going in and saying "hi" and puttering around a bit, doing some chores etc, but I feel like a slacker studying in the library instead of trying to get something started and then studying in the lab while it digests/ incubates/ runs/ autoclaves/ whatever. The fact that it's 4:30 and I'm home is frightening. My brain being fried is even worse, since I still haven't studied for my molecular test tomorrow. Crappity crap crap, indeed.

No comments: