Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Day, In Photos (okay, and words)


I woke up and checked my e-mail while Mike was still sleeping. Mr. Mewton sat on my lap and watched Neighbor Kitty out our sliding glass door.


When Mike woke up, Mr. Mewton decided to give his lap a try. Mike re-heated some Mexican food from last night and we watched Angel.


Mr.Mewton was very playful; here he is gnawing on my thumb while I attempted to eat.


The babies are doing better! Apparently the bay is now named Second Chance and the white-faced one is Apache Spirit. They're excited that Elysa's carrying over some fresh hay.

I pulled out Kahlua and we worked for a while under saddle, then cooled off in hand. Here I said "stay" and she froze with her front leg mid-stride and held it there until I told her to move again- good girl! The ground work is clearly going well!

A thunderstorm rolled in as we were riding, but the rain didn't start until the moment I latched her gate at the end. Good timing!

I fed Asia, the barn cat, in the being re-built feed room
This barn used to be a coach stop, and they defended themselves from Indian and bandit attacks by shooting out of these holes. The stone walls are a good foot thick, and are the only part of the barn that hasn't had to be replaced.

After a quick shower, Mike and I drove an hour North to my aunt and uncle's new farm. They moved in last week, so this was the welcome BBQ. Here my dad enjoys his beer on the porch.

The males all gathered in the "entertainment room" to discuss the new electronics.

My cousin Kiersten has her own apartment in the basement, complete with a fridge adapted to have an easy-access beer and chocolate milk door!
The skies cleared up as we headed home, giving us this great view of Boulder.

Further South, we drive past Eldorado Canyon, through Boulder's green belt.

Mr. Mewton crawled out from under his down comforter as we walked in...

...and the day ends as it began, with the cat on my lap as I tried to work at the computer.

2 comments:

hattie angles said...

SO HANDSOME! Your bald kitty is absolutely handsome!

Amy.mangos said...

Thanks! We love him :-) He's got a great personality so he manages to win over even the people who think he looks like a mutant rat-chihuahua hybrid!