Sunday, April 12, 2009

Linda-

There are no words. Your grandson was so blessed to have you and I know he'll always remember the love you shared, even if you have to leave so soon. Our week together changed my life, but you already knew that. I don't know how you managed to smile and laugh through all the pain and the unexpected pitfalls these last two years, but you've been an inspiration of wellness without health. living life to the fullest without ignoring the awful/hard bits.

Aileen called, we're both struggling to find words for where you are. I don't know if Junebug will call when you pass, but I don't think I'm ready for her to. I want her to be with her family, and your family, and find peace for herself before she lets us know. You were always so close, I can't imagine how hard this will be for her, finding strength without you. Closer than sisters, as Aileen said. You were both so lucky to have found a soulmate-friend in your times of need.

I love you. I have no doubts that the cure is coming, and your life has added fuel to my mission to be a part of that research. I dedicate every day to you, oh Warrior Women, Soul Sisters, retreat healers. Without you, I would not be the functional human being I am today. I owe my future to you all.

No comments: