Monday, April 20, 2009

4-20/ Columbine/ Romeo vs. Sliding-Glass Doors

Caitlin wrote about the Columbine shootings so I'll let that explain what I probably should feel.

Mr. Mewton has been inconsolable since his Juliet (the neighbor's outdoor kitty) stopped visiting him. She spent several days under the window or pawing at the sliding glass door while Mr. Mewton meowed softly in her direction. But, alas, his forbidden love is afraid of people and I have been gardening just outside the sliding glass door. She did come up and hiss loudly at me once, which I found pretty hilarious. Mr. Mewton, however, spent the rest of the wandering around the house crying and refusing to play with us.

I had chem lab this afternoon and got out around 5pm... WOW where there a shit ton of people wander through the dank haze that signifies 4-20 on campus! Someone somewhere must have been selling cotton candy because it was a popular acessory among the glazed-eyed "hippies." I stopped at the store for some goat cheese and bread and this nicely dressed man went up to the baker...
Baker: "Can I help you?"
Guy in Tie: "How am I? I'm cool, man. Thanks."
Baker: "Um,"
Guy: "Oh, do I want bread? Naw, man, no, but thanks anyways dude. Maybe I want bread..."
He wandered off towards the cookies, I went up and got my bread and started to walk away as Guy wandered back...
Guy "Hey man, do you guys have any, like, hard-crusted bread?"
Baker, "Yes, we do. (pointing to counter full of artisan breads) What kind would..."
Guy, "Oh, wait, no. I don't want any bread. That's totally chill though. Thanks man!"

So, when you see the number of pot-smokers who participated in Boulder's "holiday," don't think they're all just college-aged holigans!

Man, does Mr. Mewton smell bad! No wonder Juliet left him...

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2009/apr/20/polo-horses-death-florida

So sad!