Monday, October 6, 2008

Next time, don't block the door. Next time, I won't bleed so much.

Just, someone said I looked tired today, pointed out the unusual (for me) bags under my eyes, and I just blinked for a second for lack of a better thing to do. Everyone complains about being tired, because we all are. Everyone is tired most of the time. Look at those posh celebs rehabbing from 'exhaustion'! But I'm not tired! I'm lagging, and the wolverine inside my head is actively scrapping its way to freedom, but it's not the same tired as staying out late all weekend and then suffering the homework load while still hungover on Sunday night.

Okay, obviously my real issue today stems from a run-in with a sorority t-shirt wearing blond on her cell phone, standing right in front of the door. I was leaving the lab after checking our e-coli mutants and came up through the psychology wing, where apparently an accounting exam had just let out. Like I said, I'm lagging today. I wanted to get home and eat some buffalo chili and watch Buffy; the Vampire Slayer, and this petite blond in her Greek-lettered shirt, up-the-ass shorts, and Uggs (of course, the Uggs) is standing right smack between me and the door. I say 'excuse me' a few times, to no response. Move onto a couple bouts of 'Hi, you, yeah, hello? Me, door, come on now... yes, you, turn...' and since she's still chatting on her phone, ignoring me, and fully ignorant of her position fully blocking my only exit, I tap her shoulder and say 'excuse me!' a bit louder.
Which apparently was incredibly rude of me, because she flipped around (still blocking the door) to shriek, "What the fuck? Someone did poorly on that test, huh? Jesus Christ, bitch! Watch where you're going!" Then cackled into her phone.
Lucky for her, someone opened the door, thus pushing her aside, diverting her attention and allowing me to FINALLY escape.

I don't understand how these kids think they're pleasant to be around, with their upturned noses and glaring cold-bitch eyes... Something needs to happen in which all the girls from The Hills get dumped by super-hot rich men who've discovered that there are pretty girls in this world who aren't obsessed with being catty and elitist. Seriously.

Not that I'm particularly pleasant to be around, either. Especially since I'm on period #3 this month- yes, that's right folks: I've been blessed with 12-15 days of bleeding out of every 28, for the last 6 months! I lost 4lbs last week on the chocoholic/sodium intensive diet: Eat nothing but chocolate, whipped cream, bacon bbq burgers, and veggie chips with extra salt and just watch those pounds melt away! Swear to God. I'm 22 and going through menopause, except it's a genetic disease and I'll go through it several more times before I get to actual menopause. Goody!

And yet, after four hours doing the mind-numbing repetitive homework, I go to class and discover that rush week is a valid excuse for not having anything done. Can you really blame me for hating on this school and its students?
Probably.
Oh well.

So, plan for the next few weeks: Meet with advisor on Friday to discuss accommodations (for PTSD issues in large groups, and those random unhappy 'sick days' that land me in the ER). Make appointment with my normal doctor to get basic blood work for anemia going, and get recommendations for hematologists who aren't also pediatric oncologists. Get a pedicure. Find ways to eat what I need without inciting homicidal rage from my low-sodium, low-fat, no red meat dieting boyfriend.

No comments: